[Marxism] Explusion warning to be taken serious

Waistline2 at aol.com Waistline2 at aol.com
Mon Aug 2 12:10:51 MDT 2010

>> But is it somehow permitted to worship at the shrine of  Trotsky?<<

Grover Furr

Comment

Mr. Furr, you seek an impartiality and ideological content to this list you
 will never find. Consequently, you will be purged from this list with your
next  inquiry. I have seen people come and go over the course of a decade
and had my  moments of moderation, suspensions and expulsion, which I felt
were justified  given my propensity to locker room humor and moments of self
righteous  importance.

The list is riveted to ideological Trotskyism rather than Marxism. Such is
the legacy of a very narrow layer of the American intelligentsia. The good
news  is that ideological Trotskyism and all the ideological “isms” of the
era that  birthed Trotskyism are dead. This includes the Stalin polarity,
political  Leninism, Chairman Mao Thought, ideological syndicalism and your
various  romantic notions of the working class movement.

Coming to grips with the social consequences of a revolution in the means
of production is going to change everyone ideological tune. The here and now
and  describing it in real time is not going to go away and continue to be
ignored.  Nothing in Lenin, Stalin, Trotsky or Mao is going to help us. To
put matters  bluntly, “this is some new shit,” – the undiscovered country,
and the comrades  and I are starting to get a grip on an evolving living
process. We have been  studying critically how our daily actions are
accelerating the subjective  aspects of the growing polarity in our respective areas.
Collectively we have  more experience than everyone in the material
organization of the proletariat.  This in turn reacts upon say the union bureaucracy
which cannot halt of prevent  the further polarization and break down of the
unions as they have existed.

Not withstanding the stifling ideological Trotskyism of the list, I send in
 occasional reports and comment on events and questions of organization
because  the lurkers on the list might find insight into a conceptual framework
outside  ideological Trotskyism.

Lou is not as means as he seems, but then he has to play the role of
gendarme rather than moderator. Add to this his ideological Trotskyism, which he
has never hidden. This is not the list to publish anything about the Stalin
era  that is not in conformity with the regular writers on the list.

In fact the list has been most helpful for me when dealing with highly
theoretical issues, rather than political doctrine, which I tend to excel in.
After all, this is about fighting, forms of organization, combating the
political police, formulating a line of march and mastery of propaganda to win
over individuals and segments of the population to a vision of a
collectivist  society.

Last week in a class I floated the proposition “the Free market economy
cost to much” and it seems to capture the moment. Detroit is not west or east
coast or a historic center of the intelligentsia. We know that. This makes
the  extremely low theoretical and political level of the list baffling at
times.  Perhaps this is just a sign of the times.

I do have a recently published booklet called “Detroit” which was written
for the Social Forum meeting. Roughly 30,000 people showed up and
interestingly  my little booklet was the best selling single book at the conference.
Send  me an address and I will send you a copy – autographed, on me.

(Officially, the hotel count by the local Chamber of Commerce was 22,000
with 5 – 8,000 outside hotels. The computer system crashed the first day
after  registering 16,000 people. The official estimate at this point is 28,000.
 Perhaps 5 – 8,000 will show up on August 28.)

Remember, you have been publicly warned against asking questions  about the
Stalin period.

WL.