[Marxism] Greenwald - Project Vigilant and the government/corporate destruction of privacy

David Thorstad binesi at gvtel.com
Tue Aug 3 10:41:41 MDT 2010

This important piece shows that the much-discussed privatization of war
abroad is matched by the privatization of the totalitarian security
apparatus at home. We all know that privacy has vanished, but some
people (e.g., Facebook users) often say, as an Ojibwe activist told me
yesterday, that they have given up on being concerned about protecting
their privacy rights. The American police state today makes those horror
stories about how children turned in their parents for their anti-Stalin
comments look like mere pecadillos. And, as Greenwald notes, Obama is
seeking to expand on the government snooping of the Bush regime. Some
may be blasé about this (at their own peril), but I find it scary.
David

  http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/2010/08/02/privacy/index.html