[Marxism] The Banality of Anti-Israel Lobby Doctrine

Tom Cod tomcod3 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 14:57:55 MDT 2010

I could never understand "banal" or "banality" as a put down, something that
apparently has its origins in Hannah Arendt's petty snobbery.  I remember as
a kid we would be shown episodes of Walter Cronkite's "Twentieth Century" in
school where he would sanctimoniously intone in a voice over of a clip of
Hitler petting his dog Blondi that this showed the Nazis "banality of evil"?
 Huh, so good is never commonplace or banal?  people who pet dogs are banal
and "have no class".  Maybe more accurately the statement would be, the
banality of certain Allied propaganda.

Maybe Blankfort is neither banal nor grandiose, but a well meaning,
misguided guy who may simply be mistaken.