[Marxism] Two un-summer movies

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Aug 3 16:53:41 MDT 2010

For me, a summer movie does not mean the latest car chase extravaganza,
but something more like the two distinctly low budget and offbeat items
I saw over the past couple of days. The first is the odder, a Danish
fiction film titled “Brotherhood” that is about gay neo-Nazis,
influenced strongly it would seem by “Brokeback Mountain”. The other is
a documentary titled “Summer Pasture” about Tibetan nomads living in the
Kham region that overlaps Tibet and the Sichuan province in China. My
kind of movies, in other words. The availability of such movies in New
York is one of the few reasons I remain in this hedge fund manager’s
paradise, other than the fact that my wife teaches at a local college.

full: http://louisproyect.wordpress.com/2010/08/03/two-un-summer-movies/