[Marxism] Iran to execute Ebrahim Hamidi, aged 18

stansfield smith stansfieldsmith at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 4 13:28:14 MDT 2010

Re: John Obrien's post

    This strikes me as a deliberately misleading, deliberately Iran-bashing post. Four guys were arrested, 3 were cleared, the Iran Supreme Court rejects the guilty verdict on the 4th.
Some lower level court refuses to abide by that decision. How does all that add up to "Iran to execute..."?

    I have read right-wing Venezuelan oligarchy mutrderers have killed 100 trade union activists since Chavez has been in power. (Maybe more). So would "Over 100 Trade Union Activists Murdered under Chavez' rule" be a good headline? Human Rights Watch might like that headline, and you could make a lame case that formally speaking it is true.

The most potent weapon of the oppressor is the mind of the oppressed.
Steven Biko