[Marxism] Paul Street speaking tour --- Aug 18 in NYC at Bluestockings Books

caroltheartist at aol.com caroltheartist at aol.com
Fri Aug 6 11:27:43 MDT 2010

For those of you on the list in the New York City area, he will be at Bluestockings Bookstore :

Wednesday, August 18th @ 7PM - Free
Reading: Paul Street “Empire’s New Clothes”
Journalist and historian Paul Street reviews the Obama administration’s record against the expectations that the progressive electorate. Join Street for a reading and discussion of “Empire’s New Clothes: Barack Obama in the Real World of Power,” his new book which reveals how deeply beholden the president is to dominant global hierarchies.

Bluestockings is located in the Lower East Side of Manhattan at 172 Allen Street between Stanton and Rivington - which means that we are 1 block south of Houston and 1st Avenue.
By train: We are 1 block south of the F train’s 2nd Avenue stop and just 5 blocks from the JMZ-line’s Essex / Delancey Street stop.
By car: If you take the Houston exit off of the FDR, then turn left onto Essex (aka Avenue A), then right on Rivington, and finally right on Allen, you will be very, very close.
View Larger Map

172 Allen Street between Stanton and Rivington :: 212.777.6028