[Marxism] Hard Times (Lurker Does the Impossible)

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Mon Aug 9 11:46:17 MDT 2010

On Aug 9, 2010, at 12:11 PM, Louis Proyect wrote:

> Also, I would not consider Picasso to be the typical modernist. His
> aesthetic roots seem much more in the 19th century.

I recently saw a TV presentation showing how closely Jackson Pollock
followed the technique of Claude Monet's "nymphea" paintings.

Shane Mage

  Porphyry in his Abstinance from Animal Flesh suggests that there
  are appropriate offerings to all the Gods, and to the highest the
only offering acceptable is silence.