[Marxism] Question on Cuba and maternity leave

Michael Karadjis mkaradjis at hn.vnn.vn
Tue Aug 10 11:07:27 MDT 2010

I remember reading a year or two ago, perhaps on this list, that Cuba
was moving from its current 18 weeks fully-paid maternity leave (already
equal to the best in the world with only 4-5 other countries, including
Vietnam and Venezuela), to 52 weeks. However, I can't find any
information on this. Does anyone know? Did it happen? Do you have a
link?

This would be useful for a class I'm doing this week with some real
full-on gullible Vietnamese business students. Thanks.