[Marxism] Arch-Zionist claims that Israel will bomb Iran's nuclear facili...

Jay Moore pieinsky at igc.org
Wed Aug 11 10:25:18 MDT 2010

For whatever it's worth (maybe not much), here's what the Israeli spy
Website Debka has to say today about the brewing confrontation in the
Persian Gulf and Iran's capacities to hit U.S. capital ships with new
high-speed boats equipped with anti-ship surface-skimming missiles:
http://debka.com/article/8961/.  Also check Juan's Cole's blog (more
valuable) from a day or two ago for Iran's likely asymmetric military
response to a U.S./Israeli attack: http://www.juancole.com.  Iran is not
Iraq.

I've thought for a long time the U.S. and or Israel would attack Iran
and have been proven wrong so far, although there was some suggestions
that Bush/Cheney were bound and determined to do so, back when they
believed that they could make any history they felt like in the post-911
environment, but were dissuaded at that time by some realists in the
Pentagon who already had two wars.  This time around, I'm not making any
firm predictions but the rhetoric does seem near-warlike in tone.  As
Barbara Tuchman pointed out in "The Guns of August" with that kind of
rhetoric and lots of soldiers facing off against each other, one thing
can quickly lead to another.

jay