[Marxism] Global warming

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Sat Aug 14 13:47:24 MDT 2010

On Aug 14, 2010, at 3:31 PM, Morton Skorodin wrote:

> Several objections were raised regarding my July, 2010 report,
> "Nuclear
> Energy causes Global Warming", particularly the ideas that the
> effect of
> direct heat pollution would be strong enough to be an important
> factor in
> global warming and that CO2 is a minor factor.
> "Somebody's crunched numbers. Small globally, noticeable regionally:

Nearly all energy used for human purposes is dissipated as heat within
Earth's land–atmosphere system. Thermal energy released from non-
renewable sources is therefore a climate forcing term. Averaged
globally, this forcing is only +0.028 W m−2, but over the continental
United States and western Europe, it is +0.39 and +0.68 W m−2,
respectively... significant increases in annual-mean temperature and
planetary boundary layer (PBL) height occur over gridcells where
present-day AHF exceeds 3.0 W m−2. PBL expansion leads to a slight,
but significant increase in atmospheric residence time of aerosols
emitted from large-AHF regions. Hence, AHF may influence regional
climate projections and contemporary chemistry-climate studies."

The contradiction is so crying--if waste heat is a significant factor
raising global temperatures why then is the greatest warming taking
place precisely in the region--the arctic--where waste heat plays
virtually no role?

Shane Mage

  This cosmos did none of gods or men make, but it
  always was and is and shall be: an everlasting fire,
  kindling in measures and going out in measures."

  Herakleitos of Ephesos