[Marxism] Can Technology Bring on a World Wide Social Revolution? (Marx answer)

Mark Lause markalause at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 08:47:08 MDT 2010

Technological and other changes fueled social revolution for the
bourgeoisie, because the new industrial technology (most broadly considered)
was not in the hands of the feudal and precapitalist elites.

In contrast, though, the current technology developed and has been shaped
exclusively by the capitalists and their organizations.  I don't think the
fact that we use that technology for our own purposes (and I'm probably
going to give myself a treat today and drive somewhere for lunch) means that
the commodified technology we use is going to amount to any kind of social
revolution.

Does anybody really believe that?

ML