[Marxism] Last man standing

Gary MacLennan gary.maclennan1 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 19:40:53 MDT 2010

> From: Gary MacLennan
> > I believe that the vote reflects the hegemony of the mining companies.
> > The Qld economy is firmly based on coal exports.
>
> The irony here is that the mining companies were behind the removal of
> Rudd, which contributed to the antipathy towards Labor here.
>
> Didn't mean to hit any nerves at all Alan.  We all do as we can, and what
else could you possibly do where you are?

The strange thing about the Rudd resentment is that everyone knows he is not
a human being at all.  It is sort of like John Ford used to say of one of
his team - "He's a bastard, but he's my bastard.  So hands off".  Rudd was
very much Qld's bastard.

But the real thrust towards the coalition came not from that resentment so
much as a feeling that Labor dared to propose a tax.  The state ALP of
course cravenly supported the Mining Companies against their Federal
colleagues, but it availed them nothing.

comradely

Gary