[Marxism] Is Israel an apartheid state?

Lüko Willms lueko.willms at t-online.de
Wed Aug 25 01:10:11 MDT 2010

Manuel Barrera (mtomas3 at hotmail.com) wrote on 2010-08-24 at 22:51:27 in
about Re: [Marxism] Is Israel an apartheid state?:

>  I am reminded of the Vietnam war and some of the discussion
> we had regarding the Paris Peace Talks and the negotiations
> of the Vietnamese fighters. Then we maintained the principled
> demand for immediate and unconditional withdrawal from Vietnam
> regardless what the Vietnamese people were forced to accept.

  This concerned the fight within the USA, the country of the aggressor, and
all other countries.

   The equivalent relating to the Israel problem would be not to demand
"Negotiate with Hamas about the Gaza blockade!", but to demand
--  "Lift the Gaza blockade unconditionally!",
-- "Withdraw completely from the occupied parts of Palestine, conquered in
1967!",
--  "Let all refugees return unconditionally!"
--  "No more support for the colonial settler state of Israel!"
--  "No more arms for Israel!"
  and other, similar, demands directed against the Israeli regime, and the USA
or whatever imperialist power one happens to live under.

   It does certainly not imply to demand the Palestinians to put "one state"
onto their banners.

Cheers,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt, Germany