[Marxism] MaverickThoughts

Hunter Gray hunterbadbear at hunterbear.org
Thu Jul 1 06:52:47 MDT 2010

If the present Russian Spy thing had occurred a half century ago, mainline media in this country would be generating fear and hysteria on the scale of a Northern Arizona forest fire.  Now, of course, with the "establishment" in both countries bent on mutually productive detente, it's being treated, at least by the media, as an ineffectual joke.  On the other hand, if these people were Muslims, we'd be subjected to days and weeks of dire "ooing and ahing" by the Fourth Estate and yet another repressive "terror control" law initiated and implemented in the name of our security.

I've never been a great fan of Al Gore [I really don't  like most politicians] but I've seen him as a reasonably "straight shooter," maybe even as prosaic a character as I.  So, with all due respect to the tabloid press, I'm quite skeptical about this business of his inappropriately touching a lady.  From both Native and Western perspectives, I'd see it all, even if it had actually happened, as his business and not that of the media.  But, of course, I and many others grew up in a "simpler time" with our concerns, then and hopefully now,  directed to more substantive challenges.  Don't mean to sound gross but, in this galloping atmosphere of "political correctness," it probably won't be long before those of us who cuddle our literal cats run the risk of -- well, allegations of something truly awful.  [I hasten to add that my Sky is spayed.]

Yours, Hunter

HUNTER GRAY [HUNTER BEAR/JOHN R SALTER JR] Mi'kmaq /St. Francis
Abenaki/St. Regis Mohawk
Protected by Na´shdo´i´ba´i´
and Ohkwari'

Our Hunterbear website is now more than ten years old.
It contains a vast amount of social justice material -- including
grassroots activist organizing. Check out http://hunterbear.org/directory.htm

Our very well organized and successful civil rights and anti-Klan campaigns
in the Eastern North Carolina Black-Belt counties -- including many of
our pertinent Hunterbear referral links:
http://hunterbear.org/NORTH%20CAROLINA_OUR%20SUCCESSFUL%20BLACK%20BELT%20MOVEMENT.htm

And See: Hunter Bear's Movement Life Interview:
http://hunterbear.org/HUNTER%20BEAR%20INTERVIEW%20CRMV.htm

See: The Stormy Adoption of an Indian Child [My Father] and its
accompanying essay on Minority Adoptions and Native Land
and Resources:
http://hunterbear.org/James%20and%20Salter%20and%20Dad.htm