[Marxism] Engels 1890s letters in German online?

Andrew Pollack acpollack2 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 07:52:18 MDT 2010

And not just delays (see Ian's quote below). The two letters from 1894
and 1895 make clear the semi-autonomous influence of noneconomic
factors which can delay but also twist, pervert, enhance, magnify,
etc. all kinds of other noneconomic factors -- and even rebounding
back down on the economy!!! -- with the economic just providing a
context which sets broad limits.
The concept of uneven and combined development has certainly also been
used to illustrate how such a process can play out. And intelligent
borrowings from hierachy and systems theory (a la Niles Eldredge's
dual hierarchies in evolution) could be used profitably as well.
I vaguely remember reading debates about what Engels meant by the
economy determining "in the last instance," and about what
"overdetermination" means. But can't remember the authors or titles.
Anyone?
Andy