[Marxism] a query

Gary MacLennan gary.maclennan1 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 22:32:35 MDT 2010

I am reading  Michael J. Perry's  case for the universality of Human Rights
based on his belief that  every human being is sacred.  I am very
sympathetic to that position.  However I was deeply disturbed by the
reference in his article to atrocities committed in 'former Yugoslavia.  the
report he uses is World News tonight Peter Jennings 18 February 1994. It
contains the following

"[Tesma Elezovic, through interpreter:] I saw with my own eyes Tadic beat
the prisoners, throw them into hot oil, force them to castrate each other,
beating them so badly, they died."

I would not deny that atrocities took place, but the above account reminds
me too much of the babies in the incuabtors story from the First Iraq war.
Is there a reliable account of the war against Yugoslavia war that I could
consult?

comradely

Gary