[Marxism] Holding the black bloc up to scrutiny

S. Artesian sartesian at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 2 16:42:25 MDT 2010

Right... that's what the movement needed... Barack Obama, John Kerry, John
Edwards coming out against the war in Iraq.... hey wait a minute, they did
come out against the war in Iraq, more or less, just like Lindsay was more
or less against the war in Vietnam, and what happened?

That's like holding an "anti-Wall Street rally" and having Chris Dodd and
Barney Frank speak.  Can you spell recuperation?  And that's exactly what
happened 38 years ago with McGovern-- recuperation in the service of
capitalism.

I was in Chicago 68.  I'll take any kid having a "temper tantrum" over the
strategic Marxist who thinks it's a plus giving John Lindsay a platform to
speak "against" a war when he's sending cops in to break heads of strikers.