[Marxism] Marxism Digest, Vol 81, Issue 7

Peggy Dobbins pegdobbins at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 14:48:14 MDT 2010

What does it matter what Dellinger, a great leader of the
> anti-war movement who along with Fred Halstead played a critical role in
> organizing the big rallies (and whose grandson Seth, ironically, is
> currently a leader of the SWP) THOUGHT?  What did Father Gapon think?

HISTORY MATTERS.  That leaders were more cautious than the masses they led
in the US anti war movement of the 60s adds data to the generalizable
premise that leaders of mass movements tend to be more cautious than the
masses they lead.

ps: when I hit reply.  then try to delete, my computer jumps back to the
list of incoming emails.  looks like I need to cut and paste into a new
email to marxism at lists..?