[Marxism] Cuban Communist Party expels intellectual for exposing corruption

Manuel Barrera mtomas3 at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 4 12:14:00 MDT 2010

-all of which suggests that the regime was merely using the
> ladies as an excuse to crack down on freedom of expression. Couple that
> with Morales's accusation that some leaders are feathering their nest in
> preparation for the revolution's demise and you have a story that I
> would have thought more leftists would find worth noting.

I am willing to hear the explanations before I can speak even as, if this story turns out even somewhat true, I am disappointed. However, if the accounting is accurate, it is predictable that a single state, even as consistently revolutionary as Cuba has been, would succumb to the crushing embargo, defeats of the workers states, and effects of capitalist economic crises. Too many have thought that Cuba would never fall, but we all knew that such catastrophes would be inevitable absent more victories. I, for one, will defend the Cuban revolutionary workers state until it is no longer possible and the courage and bravery of the Cuban people forever. It only raises the urgency for  a worldwide social revolution and the recognition that no one stands alone.