[Marxism] Scope and Limits of Theory: Provisional Draft

Angelus Novus fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 5 14:05:47 MDT 2010

Louis:

> I think that when people who have read and agree with Lenin's
> "State and Revolution" hear a term like "workers power", we
> understand that to be nothing but another way to formulate
> "dictatorship of the proletariat".

Whether we call such a person a "worker" or a "proletarian", we are talking about someone who sells their labour-power in the form of a commodity to a capitalist.  So if a dictatorship of the proletariat, or "workers power", is still characterized by capitalists exploiting proletarians, then in what respects does it differ from capitalism?

I would guess probably by the "political power" of the proletariat, but what good is that if capitalists are still able to maintain their economic power?