[Marxism] Scope and Limits of Theory: Provisional Draft

Angelus Novus fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 5 14:49:48 MDT 2010

Manuel:

> Wow, Angelus, you really are thick, aren't you?

If you are unable to hold an exchange without engaging in abuse, I will ignore your posts in the future, so please refrain from this kind of thing.

> that the purpose of learning about different arguments in the
> perspectives on Marxism

I already told Mark Lause, I don't have a "perspective on Marxism".  Nor does, strictly speaking, anyone else.  What do exists are various Marxisms, based upon readings of Marx with emphases upon different elements.  This is where I think Carrol's contribution is of great importance.  Namely that Marx's greatest contribution in terms of communist critique was his critique of political economy, which precisely nails one of the central elements of social domination in bourgeois societies, but is poorly suited for constructing worldviews.

But I find it odd that you don't have much use for communist critique, since Marx spent years in the British Library contributing to one!  Then again, when a self-proclaimed Marxist like Louis says that he has no use for _Capital_, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised anymore by such things.

> Unless, of course, you really believe that a cogent and lucid
> "communist critique" will just convince the capitalist class of
> the error or their ways

I haven't said anything about "convincing the capitalist class" of anything, so you are either engaging in sleazy bad faith attribution of positions that I don't hold, or you simply haven't read anything I've written.