[Marxism] Scope and Limits of Theory: Provisional Draft

Mark Lause markalause at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 13:25:33 MDT 2010

After decades of musing over these things, I'm fairly convinced that we have
a residually bourgeois sense of what "revolution" is.

Revolutions happen precisely because the system of power and legitimacy
undergoes a crisis largely of its own making, though rooted in its
character.  When that system down, the revolutionaries are the people
standing there with enough numbers and strength and political support to
prevent the system from taking the entire of human civilization with it.

In the interim, we prepare for this event, but I don't think we have ever
done much to hasten it.

ML