[Marxism] Anarchists' perception of Trotsky

Tom Cod tomcod3 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 17:46:12 MDT 2010

Yeah sure if you're referring to hedonistic "pagan" middle class party
animals engaged in frivolous political theater or if you're talking about
the workers movement or something broader; Durrutti explained the
distinction repeatedly, that they weren't into their kind of "party" time
either.  Thus the example of Spain is a clear one and there are examples
from the US, one recent book illustrating that being "Big Trouble" by
Anthony Lukas about the trial of Heywood, Moyer and Pettibone in Idaho in
1905 and the events that led up to it, where spontaneous and not so
spontaneous mass actions of miners and workers on the grass roots level led
to armed insurrection-and the dictatorship of the proletariat objectively-
in northern Idaho at the turn of the century without any significant "party"
involvement.  Then of course Sacco & Vanzetti were the great anarchist
martyrs of the early 20th Century we should all know about.  Thus the
anarchists got state power or close to it, the same way any popular movement
would: through mass action and armed struggle.