[Marxism] Niall Ferguson and the Tories' war on history

Ron Cohen rony at cohen-waisel.co.uk
Fri Jul 9 03:54:01 MDT 2010

My daughter took her GCSE in history ~2 years ago, and asked me to quiz her from the history book, about the Vietnam war. After reading it, I told her that it is a complete rubbish, and gave her a lecture. Her response was "its landing time dad, get real. They don't want to know about progressive history, but what is  in the book!" after a long discussion, she was convinced, and got a C in the exam.
As it happened, a couple of weeks ago I met her history & politics teacher in a local TUC meeting. He actually remember her, and said that he still couldn't figure out why she got this lousy grade.

its landing time for your commentators as well.