[Marxism] Fidel will be on TV tonight to talk about the Middle East

Joaquín Bustelo jbustelo at bellsouth.net
Mon Jul 12 12:33:19 MDT 2010

There's a big box on the front page of today's Granma announcing that
Fidel will be on tonight's Mesa Redonda ("round table") show.

This is the announcement:

"Esta tarde, Mesa Redonda Especial con Fidel

"Hoy, a las 6:30 p.m., Cubavisión, Cubavisión Internacional, Radio
Rebelde y Radio Habana Cuba transmitirán una Mesa Redonda Especial con
el Comandante en Jefe Fidel Castro Ruz, para valorar los peligrosos
acontecimientos que tienen lugar en el Oriente Medio."

It says he will speak "to evaluate the dangerous events that are taking
place in the Middle East".

This will be Fidel's first televised public appearance since he stepped
down from office for health reasons nearly four years ago.

In his "Reflections" occassional essays, he published one on Sunday
saying the United States and Israel are preparing to attack Iran, and
announcing his intention to alert world public opinion. I don't believe
this article is in English yet, but if I find it, I will forward it to
the list.

Joaquín