[Marxism] Video: What if the Tea Party was Black?

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 00:31:37 MDT 2010

While I hate to cross-advertise, and imagine that it's probably a violation
of some protocol I haven't read, I can't help but suggest that those buying
into this discourse should consider popping over to the LBO-Talk archives (
http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/pipermail/lbo-talk) and seeing what Doug Henwood
has already had to say about this. Here's a sample:

"As always with Tim Wise, you have to wonder what political practice is
inspired by this argument. That the cops should bust the heads of white
TPers as if they were black? That, as Melissa Harris-Lacewell implied, they
should be arrested for sedition? Or that we should admire Tim Wise [and also
this guy] for asking the tough questions?"

Also, as a frequent listener of WBAI, my only honest response to the query,
"What if a black commentator said this or that inflammatory thing," is: Are
you fucking kidding me? Because such things are certainly said. Not that I
necessarily take offense or have a problem with it. But pretending that such
scenarios are purely hypothetical strikes me as a little silly, ahistorical,
and a bit disrespectful of the actual history of black radicalism in the
United States.

--
lytlað."