[Marxism] Utah nativism

Greg McDonald gregmc59 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 15:08:49 MDT 2010

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 2:18 PM, Machetera <missmachetera at gmail.com> wrote:

>> NY Times July 14, 2010
>> ?Immigrant? List Sets Off Fears
>> By KIRK JOHNSON
>>
>> SALT LAKE CITY ? A list of 1,300 Utah residents described as
>> illegal immigrants has sown fear among some Hispanics here, and
>> prompted an investigation into its origins and dissemination.
>
> http://www.correodelorinoco.gob.ve/multipolaridad/reaparece-un-ku-klux-klan-contra-latinos-estados-unidos/
>
> The list was leaked by the KKK.
>
> Greg
>
> ====
>
> What the Correo del Orinoco article is actually saying is not
> precisely that the list was leaked by the KKK but by a "new [kind of]
> Ku Klux Klan" which goes by the name "Concerned Citizens of the United
> States."
>
> Machetera

This is supercilious Machetera. Either it was the Klan or wasn't the
klan.There is only one KKK in Utah, and it is not new, nor is KKK
reaction against immigration new.
It is also not novel for the Klan to use the "concerned citizens"
moniker. So, this begs the question. If it was not the Klan, a new
manifestation or otherwise, it should not have been reported as such.
I read and understood the article as it was written, and did a little
background research on the Klan in Utah.  The Klan there is a part of
the United Klans organization, the largest one in the country. So if
it was the klan it was probably this outfit. So to repeat, If it was
not the Klan then it should not have been reported as such.

Greg