[Marxism] BitTorrent, not for the impatient

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sat Jul 17 15:11:35 MDT 2010

So on Wednesday evening I kicked off a BitTorrent download of "A Chump
at Oxford". It just finished.

It appears that this 995mb movie was being retrieved from two peer sites
at the rate of 30kb per second. They say that the more popular the
torrent the faster it comes. So my mistake was opting for Laurel and
Hardy when Lady Gaga was the ticket.

It also didn't help that I put my Macbook to sleep at night. If I left
it open, it would have only taken 2 days instead of 4. Sheesh. I want my
money back.