[Marxism] Why Misogynists Make Great Informants: THANK YOU MY BROTHAH!!!!!

Homo Indeterminatus homoindetermin at aim.com
Mon Jul 19 09:40:42 MDT 2010

On Jul 19, 2010, at 11:36 AM, Joonas Laine wrote:

> Mark Lause wrote:
>> I think your comment about "Grouchy Old (Marxist) Men" is utterly sexist.
>> Do you think there's no such thing as "Grouchy Old (Marxist) Women"?  Or
>> even "Grouchy Old (Marxist) Youngsters"?
>
> On this list I've learned a lot about the class question and the
> national question, I've gotten wind of tons of good books on various
> topics, but on the gender question - almost nothing. What a mystery!

I'm really glad to see this topic raised; hats off to Pat and Joonas for pushing it. I stick around because there is useful stuff to learn here, but the ignorance and insensitivity around gender are simply stunning, and the adolescent defensiveness around being called out on it is breathtaking. It makes me realise how fortunate I am to have worked mainly with exceptionally enlightened people for several years now; I sometimes forget how damaged and backwards even some of my best brothers can be. It's really disheartening.

Let the flames begin.