[Marxism] Why Misogynists Make Great Informants: THANK YOU MYBROTHAH!!!!!

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Jul 19 11:03:12 MDT 2010

Joonas Laine wrote:

> On this list I've learned a lot about the class question and the
> national question, I've gotten wind of tons of good books on various
> topics, but on the gender question - almost nothing. What a mystery!

It has been that way since its very inception some 12 yers ago.

One occasion 10 or so years ago that  I particularly remember, when not
a word for months or more had been said by anyone in reference to women,
a member suddenly posted a harshly written post on the evils of
"bourgeois feminism."

Duh!

I despise Clinton politically as much as anyone, but I despised even
more the posts on this list, on pen-l, and on lbo-talk during the
campaign which included remarks clearly elicited by her gender, not her
politics. I found those posts really disgusting.

It was also remarkable during the several Panther threads on this list
that posters while retailing all the media slanders on the Panthers
never got around to focusing on the one _real_ weakness of the Panthers,
their obtuseness on the subject of women.

Carrol