[Marxism] Why Misogynists Make Great Informants: THANK YOU MY BROTHAH!!!!!

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Jul 19 13:16:09 MDT 2010

Homo Indeterminatus wrote:
  > I don't recall that exchange, may well not have seen it, but if
> Joaquin B. used the word "fat" I might have felt compelled to
> throw a comradely elbow his direction myself: it's a loaded
> word, especially when used of a woman, for historical reasons
> that transcend any intentions of the speaker, and to which I
> would suggest we all need to strive to be sensitive, in
> solidarity.

Homo, aren't you a guy, btw? What's with the "indeterminatus" bit?

> This is helpful in clarifying, for me, where I think there may
> be a fundamental disconnect. I stand to be corrected, but my
> own impression - as a fairly pale, basically hetero, mixed-race
> person of statistically unremarkable phenotypic expression of
> the XY human genotype - is that the issue isn't whether there
> is "enough material on women's issues" on the list. It is,
> rather, that the prevailing "culture" of the forum is quite
> profoundly "masculinist" in character - a point I tried to
> highlight through colourful metaphor in an earlier post - and
> thus unlikely to succeed in bridging the gender divide that we
> so desperately need to bridge if the revolution is really worth
> fighting for.

Oh, I see. You think that calling out Shane Mage and Joaquin
Bustelo is a bridge to the revolution. How silly of me not to
understand this.

> To my eye, one thing that's conspicuously lacking is any
> evidence of real reflection (I'd use the term "soul-searching"
> if I didn't think it would get me into trouble) as to why there
> isn't more participation by women on the list.

And you job as a sensitive guy, who has never made any
contribution to this list in the past, is to remedy this? Marvelous.

> Much respect for your efforts, Louis.

I don't need your respect. I need for you to write something
substantial. I understand that you have a background in academia.
Did you learn this kind of diversity training there?