[Marxism] Why Misogynists Make Great Informants: THANK YOU MY BROTHAH!!!!!

Homo Indeterminatus homoindetermin at aim.com
Mon Jul 19 13:43:29 MDT 2010

Holy smokes - where to begin? I mentioned that gender is a sensitive issue, right?

On Jul 19, 2010, at 9:16 PM, Louis Proyect wrote:

> Homo, aren't you a guy, btw? What's with the "indeterminatus" bit?

Why would you assume it had anything to do with gender? What comes after (or instead of) homo economicus? Tell me and I'll change my name.

> Oh, I see. You think that calling out Shane Mage and Joaquin
> Bustelo is a bridge to the revolution. How silly of me not to
> understand this.

No, I think calling *all* of us out on gender is *essential* to the revolution. Absent that, it isn't my revolution.

> And you job as a sensitive guy, who has never made any
> contribution to this list in the past, is to remedy this? Marvelous.

I think I just made a slightly substantial contribution, but of a form that you didn't expect or like - a bias of this and many other lists (in my view) which my contribution attempted to highlight.

> I don't need your respect.

You have it anyway on many issues, although not yet on this one.

> I need for you to write something
> substantial.

Again, I just did, but it clearly wasn't what you wanted.

> I understand that you have a background in academia.
> Did you learn this kind of diversity training there?

I do have a background in academia, but I learned whatever insights I have on gender that are of any value through several years of struggle against gender-based violence at community level with some very courageous young comrades.