[Marxism] Why Misogynists Make Great Informants: THANK YOU MY BROTHAH!!!!!

Mark Lause markalause at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 13:58:07 MDT 2010

I just want to correct something for the record here....  I don't doubt
Jeffrey's experience in the 1980s, but fifteen years earlier or thereabouts,
black SWP and YSA members DID say such things this very very explicitly to
women.  That was back when women's liberation was a rather new thing
generally...and new, certainly, to the SWP.  I'm sure this became less and
less common through the early 1970s and I expect that it had disappeared or
become rare enough to where you'd not have heard it by the 1980s.

At the time, I heard this, I was reading about the entire controversy over
Frederick Douglass' dismissal of the women suffragists, insisting that it
was 'the Negro's Hour."   It was a remarkable learning tool.

If Cherie P. was still with us, she used to recall hearing such things back
into the late 1960s.  She got many yuks out of it and shared them
generously.

ML

PS: And lets not even get started on the SWP's flippity-flops on gay and
lesbian membership.....