[Marxism] Moral purity: Arab guilty of rape after consensual sex with Jew in Israel

Andrew Pollack acpollack2 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 07:38:30 MDT 2010

Below is what I posted on a Palestine list about this case.
It really calls out for serious analysis -- and outcry.
PLEASE comrades, let's have informed opinion on this (e.g. commentary
on parallels with the phenomena analyzed by Angela Davis as cited
below), and not a flaming back and forth. The ideological and
political issues are way too serious.
Arab guilty of rape after consensual sex with Jew
A man has been sentenced to 18 months in prison after telling a woman
that he was also Jewish
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/jul/21/arab-guilty-rape-consensual-sex-jew
"Gideon Levy, a liberal Israeli commentator, was quoted as saying: 'I
would like to raise only one question with the judge. What if this guy
had been a Jew who pretended to be a Muslim and had sex with a Muslim
woman? Would he have been convicted of rape? The answer is: of course
not.'"
Also
http://aliabunimah.posterous.com/man-convicted-of-rape-for-consensual-sex-with
The defendant in this case pleaded guilty but I have to believe that
was done under coercion or with the worst legal advice in the world.
Maybe support for him is not too late.

This case conjures up the worst, most twisted lies and myths used in
the US South to frame up and lynch Black men. Please check out Angela
Davis's "Women, Race and Class" on this.