[Marxism] Nuclear Energy Causes Global Warming

Paddy Apling e.c.apling at btinternet.com
Sat Jul 24 13:43:45 MDT 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: marxism-bounces+e.c.apling=btinternet.com at lists.econ.utah.edu
[mailto:marxism-bounces+e.c.apling=btinternet.com at lists.econ.utah.edu] On
Behalf Of Louis Proyect
Sent: 24 July 2010 7:54 PM
To: e.c.apling at btinternet.com
Subject: Re: [Marxism] Nuclear Energy Causes Global Warming

DW wrote:

> My position on the NRC, and especially the ASME (not mentioned in the
> Davis-Besse piece Louis posted) manufacturing and testing standards (the
> links were provided in my essay) still stands. I'm not an uncritical
> defender of NRC...the fact is that since TMI, Davis-Besse included, there
> hasn't been a serious accident. Not a one with nuclear energy.

T which Lou wrote
I'm still curious. Is this love affair with nuclear power something you
devleoped on your own or is this a Lambertist orientation mirroring that
of Frank Furedi's RCP?
[snip]

> Slowly people like me are making gains winning those on the
> Left to this viewpoint.

Except on Marxmail, I would say.

[to which Paddy Apling responds]

I can't help saying, just before I leave for a holiday in Albertaand BC:
that is because, like on global warming, most of Marxmail still have closed
minds on these topics.....

Paddy
http://apling.freeservers.com

Send list submissions to: Marxism at lists.econ.utah.edu