[Marxism] Comment from a Christian

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sat Jul 24 19:39:16 MDT 2010

This guy is a fairly regular commenter on my blog. I am pretty jaded
when it comes to Christian left, but he is usually worth reading. Here's
his take on recessions and the right/left question.

===

Hope all are well.

Yesterday my neighbor and I were talking about the reported 46 million
people living below the 'poverty level' in the United Stats. Then we
compared the majority of this poverty to the real poverty that exists in
the third world.

Today at a church picnic in Liberty State park we had a good view of
lower Manhattan. A brother is involved in Meals for Wheels. They plan to
forlough him once a month and the elderly he serves get no meals on that
day. The City of Newark is even thinking of eliminating the program
permanently. Across the river in Manhatan on this hot Saturday are
elegant monuments to capitalism. I'd imagine the vast majority of the
space lies vacant on Saturday as the workers are off. Yet there are
people in the city with no electrical power, or no homes and cannot
simply sit in these vast empty buildings to avoid the heat. The
financial people can find the money to build their skyscrapers. The
military can find it's money to build it's weapons. Even weapons, like
the stealth bomber, that if we use it would bring about the
extermination of all human life. Yet they are considering cutting food
to the elderly? What will they eat? The world suffers not because of a
lack of resources but because of the evil allocations of those resources.

Comrades we are in a war, never forget that. It is a spiritual war first
and then a mental. Do not let them lull you into think that the state is
secure. I tell you the United States is a tinder box and fury could
ignite at any moment.

Who benefits more from a crisis the left or the right? I believe the
answer would be the side that works the hardest. Look at the situation
it is a now or never thing. I don't think there will be a world in
thirty years if fundamental and permanent change does not come soon.

We are stronger than we think. We are fighting for the very survival of
humanity. We fight for our children, our parents and fellow man. And we
are fighting the worst of the worst. People who put possessions over
human life. Cowards like Dick Cheney who refused to serve when his time
came to fight, but who sent men to die. All the while sitting in his
little bunker watching CNN. Cowards will melt in fear in a crisis the
righteous will be strong. Dick and his ilk will run and hide when push
comes to shove, just like Dick personally did and just like pigs act in
general.

There is an invincibility to our righteousness. We are not asking for
too much when we say that are elderly should not starve to death. We are
not asking for too much when we say people should not live on garbage.
We are not asking for too much when we say we should not spend billions
on destruction and death. Keep the message simple, to the point, but
above all get it out.

Love,

John Kaniecki