[Marxism] Israel, South Africa and the single-state non-solution

Nestor Gorojovsky nmgoro at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 11:21:36 MDT 2010

[First of all, and though this is already known on this list, I would
like to point out that Germany may probably be the country where a
consequent Marxist defense of the Arab cause against the crimes
committed by the State of Israel requires the highest degree of moral
courage (and Austria, maybe). The moral equivalent, on "the enemy" side,
would be that of someone in Hanoi defending the right of US to invade
and storm Viet Nam in order to save the world from Communism.]

Lüko Willms escribió:

[Considerations I agree with, and]

>> I would ask how many on this list are absolutely sure that this
>> development shouldn⌂t be explored.
>
>   I don't know how it will develop. Many detours are possible.
>
>   But it should be clear the the control of the land, and this entails the right
> to return of all _Arab_ exiles driven out of their homes since 1948 are the
> central pillars of any possible democratic and secular Palestina, where
> nobody is discriminated against on the basis of birth, color of skin, language,
> religion, gender, what have you.

I want to express my most absolute agreement with the above. However,
and even taking all your other considerations into account, there is
still the basic problem of the way to reach the struggle for a single
State (please read me well: not simply the State, but the struggle for
that State as an acting material reality rooted in the minds of
millions, which is where politics starts) when you begin with the
situation we have now.

Of course, you can always start by saying that any Jew in Palestine who
has not reached the place before, say, 1870, should pack and leave. I
feel this is a highly impractical measure.