[Marxism] Raimondo's Attack on Anti-War and Left

Eli Stephens elishastephens at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 29 18:40:10 MDT 2010

Raimondo claims that "the America
First Committee mobilized millions against the war," and pooh-poohs the paltry efforts of the left by comparison. The implication is that a "right-left coalition" without the right can't accomplish anything, but if so, then a right-left coalition without the left ought to be hugely successful. Since Raimondo is so opposed to the current (and all) imperialist wars (and I mean that seriously, not sarcastically, because I have no doubt he is), then surely HE and his cohorts (Ron Paul, Pat Buchanan) ought to be able to call out THEIR troops and put together a huge antiwar rally. Have they done so? We all know the answer.

The largest movement on the right today is the "Tea Party" movement. Raimondo might want to take note of the fact that, amidst all their concern with "big government" and taxes and government spending and deficits, they breathe not a word against the wars; if anything, we can be sure they are among the biggest supporters of war.

Eli Stephens
 Left I on the News
 http://lefti.blogspot.com