[Marxism] Earliest use of word "Stalinism"?

Mark Lause markalause at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 07:15:42 MDT 2010

I think Nestor's right about the later stages.

As to the origins, we can predate the Bakuninist roots and go right to
Jacobinism....

The revolution of 1789 was ultimately about replacing the rule of one
minority class with that of another.  Its means and methods ultimately
required the construction of a state apparatus and institutions of
repression that permitted that.  It makes sense that revolutionaries like
Bakunin in the mid-nineteenth century would be trying to make the kind of
revolution that had been made.

ML