[Marxism] Chomsky in context

Manuel Barrera mtomas3 at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 31 12:43:57 MDT 2010

Thank you, DennisThis article was indeed very clarifying and I appreciated the opportunity to read it. As I do not often have the opportunity to hear Chomsky in person and his many taped lectures are not often available (or I am unaware of them at the time they were)--I am not a religious follower of any leaders, especially academic intellectual ones (my time with the likes of Camejo, whom I liked tremendously despite his flaws, and Barnes et al., whom I was always some distant toward, broke me forever of that kind of trust).
Two very telling quotes from this article, one partly from Chomsky but mostly from Kfoury were:"In a recent interview, Chomsky elaborated his views on BDS in detail — “a tactic, one of many, and not a doctrine of faith” — and warned against equating careful evaluation of tactical choices with lacking principle."
and