[Marxism] 'Save Darfur's' years of hard work finally paid off! Pentagon interventionism is now easier in Africa!

Pinchy Way pinchyway1 at aol.com
Tue Aug 2 21:03:36 MDT 2011

Remember the time just 3 to 5 short years ago?   The liberal and Left communities were seemingly divided into just 2 groups... those who were demanding 'humanitarian' Pentagon led interventionism to 'Save Darfur', and those who just kind of took a stand off and We Don't Care approach to group One, much similar to how some do that today in regard to those campaigning FOR the current NATO bombing of the Big Bad Wolf's house, that of the man known as Moammar.     Some STILL just aren't going to work against this new 'humanitarian' bombing,  advocated by only a very few nice liberals Lefties like Professor Juan Cole.   Who cares?   Gaddfalafel is a very bad dude!   We DO support him being stopped.

from wikipedia... 'On January 12, 2006, the Coalition launched the "Million Voices for Darfur" campaign with the goal of collecting one million postcards from individuals across the country to send to President Bush urging the United States government to support a larger, stronger multinational force to protect the civilians of Darfur. The campaign concluded on June 29, 2006 with Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist (R-TN) and Senator Hillary Clinton (D-NY) signing the 1,000,000th and 1,000,001st postcards.[4]
Save Darfur coordinated a widely-successful "Save Darfur: Rally to Stop Genocide" on the National Mall in Washington, D.C. on April 30, 2006. The crowd of an estimated 100,000 supporters joined to call for the withdrawal of any objection to a UN peacekeeping force, better humanitarian access to refugees, adhesion to existing treaties and ceasefire agreements, and a commitment to a lasting peace agreement in the Abuja peace talks. Among the speakers were actor George Clooney, Nobel Prize winner and Holocaust survivor Elie Wiesel, President (senator at the time) Barack Obama, Rwandan genocide survivor and humanitarian Paul Rusesabagina, Olympic Gold medalist Joey Cheek, House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi, Former U.S. Marine Captain Brian Steidle, and Reverend Al Sharpton. The headlining entertainment was provided by country duo Big & Rich.
The rally concluded a 21,000-mile, 22-city photo exhibit and speaking "Tour for Darfur: Eyewitness to Genocide" hosted by Capt. Steidle.
The Coalition conducted a second rally in New York City's Central Park on September 17, 2006. "Save Darfur Now: Voices to End Genocide" urged the United States and the United Nations towards the timely deployment of a robust international peacekeeping force in Darfur.'
Oh those were the days, weren't they?   And look what the 'Save Darfur' has accomplished?    No need to ask politely today for the Democratic Fat Cats to get the interventionism going in Africa and elsewhere.   No, no need at all!    Thanks "Save Darfur'!    Without your hard work, Somalians would perhaps be eating, and Libyans would be having picnics, and Sudan would still be one, and not 2-3-many nations for Europe and the US.   And perhaps Darfur would have been saved by Sudan?   Yeah!   You never know>>>>
But now, we have the US government taking ALL responsibility for causing the immense suffering in Libya and Somalia, and '''Aw''' I was just joking.   The US government admits nothing and just wants to intervene and intervene and intervene!   ...in humanitarian manner of course.   Always.
U.S. eases aid restrictions amid Somalia famine... Relief groups won't be penalized if they inadvertently help Islamic militants in the African nation, US officials say. http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-somalia-aid-20110803,0,7389539.story
Sure thing!   I'll go down to my local mosque and donate tomorrow first thing in the new morning of America's.   Pentagon interventionism is now easier in Africa!   PLUS, I got a flight to South Sudan via Tel Aviv and have scheduled a vacation there this Fall.    Might take in Yemen while I'm at it...   And Syria, too.