[Marxism] Alexander Cockburn responds on Lind/Bleivik

Tom Cod tomcod3 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 17:00:57 MDT 2011

Yeah, I became more disappointed with Lind as a supposed non-neocon
when I ran into a book he wrote about ten years ago apologizing for
the Vietnam War on, you guessed it, "Cold War" bases which he claims
the ossified pundits of the Left and the Right just didn't get. Say
what?  talk about ossified! Not a "new" or "revisionist" theory at
all, but rather the same warmed over Kennedy-Johnson liberalism that
Halberstam and Sheehan rightly trashed in "The Best and the Brightest"
and "Bright Shining Lie", that these guys just didn't get the idea
that there was an anti-colonial struggle going on there independent of
global superpower politics that was the main aspect of it.