[Marxism] The two Americas

Paul Flewers trusscott.foundation at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Aug 4 14:42:25 MDT 2011

Lou P cited a report: 'Nordstrom has a waiting list for a Chanel
sequined tweed coat with a $9,010 price. Neiman Marcus has sold out in
almost every size of Christian Louboutin Bianca platform pumps, at
$775 a pair. Mercedes-Benz said it sold more cars last month in the
United States than it had in any July in five years.'

I remember when I was doing some research on the Second World War, I
came across an advert in The Times in 1939 or 1940 for hats for sale
at five pounds each -- which was a more than a skilled worker's weekly
wage at that time.

Like then, like now -- we're all in it together. Only some of us are
more in it than others.

Paul F