[Marxism] 08-06-11 Re: The Syrians' Fear Factor about being assaulted by Israel and the US is a big component of the rebellion against Assad for many

Ralph Johansen mdriscollrj at charter.net
Sat Aug 6 09:12:55 MDT 2011

Louis Proyect wrote:

Unholy Alliance: How Syria is Bringing Israel, Iran, and Saudi Arabia
Together

++++++++

And what of the positions of others in state power, with their own asses
to protect? How about Chavez this time? The Castro bros? I dunno - the
Cameroonians or the Dodecanese? This is getting more opaque by the day.
Do we need far greater clarification on how those on the left with the
best interests of the world's working class in their foreground maneuver
through the shoals of geopolitics? Or what? Is each event more or less
sui generis? Is there any one saving formula? Got any references to the
thoughts of the classical Marxists? If so, why wait any longer to
enlighten us? David Schanoes offered to open a conversation on this
point, 'imperialisms' large and small, a few months ago. Why not?