[Marxism] Ready to Vote for Mitt Romney

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 18:45:53 MDT 2011

On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 10:25 PM, Dan DiMaggio <dan.dimaggio at gmail.com>wrote:

Wasn't it during the late 1990s, during Clinton's second term, that we
> saw the rise of the anti-globalization movement, student
> anti-sweatshop and living wage campaigns, the Labor Party, Ralph
> Nader's Green Party campaign, and more - all of which fed in part into
> the anti-war movement in 2001-2003?

I was part of the first two, and close enough to the third and fourth. They
were pretty miniscule all around. Which doesn't mean that we (the first two)
didn't do some good, but mass movement material, we weren't.

> I can't envision the left in this country

You're assuming there is such a thing. Cue the hystrionics from Carrol Cox,
who does 'em much better than me ...

--
lytlað."