[Marxism] Richard Seymour interviewed on Russia Today

Gary MacLennan gary.maclennan1 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 16:37:33 MDT 2011

I thought this was a very clever interview. It was carefully calibrated for
a mass audience. I have been reading the posts on Camejo and the SWP and
then watching this.  It strikes me that Richard too has an orientation to
mass action and clearly understands the need to win the public relations
battle.

These are extraorinary times.  The British ruling class cut services, by for
instance closing youth clubs. They sit in thier mansions like Burford Priory
and swill champagne and hold court while the policians come crawling and
begging to be among the chosen ones. They deny the kids any future and when
it blows up in their faces they scream about criminality.

There will in all probability be a period of uneasy quiet marked by savage
sentencing when the ruling class seek to exorcise their fears of the working
class.  But when the workers and the youth come again, it will not be to
pinch some luxury items.  They will want the lot.

comradely

Gary