[Marxism] NEW BOOK: Zinoviev and Martov: Head to head in Halle

Les Schaffer schaffer at optonline.net
Thu Aug 11 11:45:22 MDT 2011

Ganesh:

first off, welcome to the list ....

there is one rule we ask everyone to following when posting to marxmail,
so this is really addressed to all new subscribers: please delete all or
most of the text quoted in your reply.

there are a number of reasons we ask this:

1. really long posts can get quoted in their entirety and readers have
to scroll all the way through to see what was posted in reply.

2. posts that are edited for content are more readable by marxmailers
and informative than short one- or two-line posts fired off in rapid
succession or come through unedited. we'd prefer if people take time to
compose a post that can be read by several thousand people on-list and
via the web. nothing wrong with one-liners showing solidarity, but just
keep it free of extraneous text.

3. some people are still on slow internet connections and the less
excess text in each post, the better.

not all of these apply to Ganesh, but they are applicable to all of us
generally. so please clip extraneous text as the sign shows:

Les