[Marxism] Materialist History of Abraham Religions?

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Sun Aug 14 13:00:58 MDT 2011

On Sun, 14 Aug 2011 13:12:34 -0400 Mark Lause <markalause at gmail.com>
writes:
> Rule #1: YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a
> message.
>

> I think we're talking about sons of gods, virgin births, etc.
> Christianity
> essentially developed a remarkable flexibility that allowed it to
> assimilate
> what it encountered..  We saw this more recently in the New World,
> no?

In the case of the Christians, they insisted on giving Jesus such
titles as Son of God, and Price of Peace, which as it so happens
were also titles that the Roman Senate had granted to Octavius,
and which were retained by susbsequent emperors.  That sort
of thing helped to convince the Romans that the Christians
were a politically subversive cult.

Jim Farmelant
http://independent.academia.edu/JimFarmelant
www.foxymath.com