[Marxism] Materialist History of Abraham Religions?

Andrew Pollack acpollack2 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 14:26:20 MDT 2011

I would definitely want to know more (I know nothing) about Campbell.
Someone with an informed opinion of James Frazier and Robert Graves
should chime in.
Joe is right about C.S. Lewis. Even aside from his use of various
pagan mythological characters in the Narnia Chronicles, see the
footnote on page 18 of "Miracles," where he says:
Myth "at its best" is "a real though unfocused gleam of divine truth
falling on human imagination." He talks much more about "Hebrew" folk
tales as anticipations -- constructed purposively by "God" -- of the
Christian "myths" which, as Joe says, Lewis thought were also true.
The Greek myths were fine as "unfocused gleams," but just didn't
happen to be the ones that God chose to instruct his followers.