[Marxism] Materialist History of Abraham Religions?

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 23:00:24 MDT 2011

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 1:59 AM, Gary MacLennan
<gary.maclennan1 at gmail.com>wrote:

Wasn't it Kierkegaard's point that we should not try to defend God in this
> transaction? Abraham is a hero to Kierkegaard precisely because he says
> "yes" to what of course is a quite evil request. There is no trace at all
> of
> rationality in this scenario.  So it is somewhere beyond intelligence.

IIRC, the point of it was that faith can be superior to good - the
"teleological suspension of the ethical," etc. Which is obviously a
controversial claim, but not one I would necessarily place beyond either
rationality or intelligence. But, in all honesty, I haven't done more than
skim it over the course of this exchange (or the last six years), and might
easily have missed/forgotten something essential.

--
lytlað."